Roger Federer dropped out of the highest 10 within the ATP rankings on Monday for the primary time in virtually 5 years, as newly-crowned Indian Wells champion Cameron Norrie jumped 11 spots.
Federer, 40, has not performed on account of a proper knee harm since losing in the Wimbledon quarterfinals to Hubert Hurkacz in July.
Poland’s Hurkacz climbed two locations to tenth after making the Indian Wells final eight final week, knocking Federer right down to eleventh.
It’s the first time the 20-time Grand Slam champion has been ranked outdoors the highest 10 since January 2017, when he went on to win the Australian Open following a knee harm.
Norrie, who beat Georgia’s Nikoloz Basilashvili on Sunday to turn out to be the primary Briton to win the distinguished Indian Wells title, breaks into the highest 20 at world quantity 15.
His compatriot Andy Murray dramatically slid down the rankings, although, falling 51 locations to 172nd.
The previous world primary, nonetheless on the comeback path after hip surgical procedure, misplaced to Alexander Zverev within the third spherical final week.
ATP high 20:
1. Novak Djokovic (SRB) 11,430 pts
2. Daniil Medvedev (RUS) 9,630
3. Stefanos Tsitsipas (GRE) 7,995
4. Alexander Zverev (GER) 6,930
5. Rafael Nadal (ESP) 5,635 (+1)
6. Andrey Rublev (RUS) 5,560 (-1)
7. Matteo Berrettini (ITA) 4,858
8. Dominic Thiem (AUT) 3,815
9. Casper Ruud (NOR) 3,615 (+1)
10. Hubert Hurkacz (POL) 3,378 (+2)
11. Roger Federer (SUI) 3,285 (-2)
12. Felix Auger-Aliassime (CAN) 3,263 (-1)
13. Diego Schwartzman (ARG) 2,970 (+2)
14. Denis Shapovalov (CAN) 2,903 (-1)
15. Cameron Norrie (GBR) 2,895 (+11)
16. Jannik Sinner (ITA) 2,895 (-2)
17. Christian Garin (CHI) 2,510
18. Pablo Carreno Busta (ESP) 2,445 (-2)
19. Gaël Monfils (FRA) 2,383 (-1)
20. Roberto Bautista Agut (ESP) 2,270 (-1)
Get the most well liked sports activities information straight into your inbox
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get entry to The Philippine Day by day Inquirer & different 70+ titles, share as much as 5 devices, hearken to the information, obtain as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Name 896 6000.
For suggestions, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.